Most people are aware of the fact that vegetables provide you with a number of health benefits. It has been observed that people who consume vegetables on a regular basis have a much lesser risk of chronic diseases as compared to people who do not eat vegetables. Dr. Naram understands the importance of vegetables in your diet and recommends people to include vegetables as a part of their regular diet. There are certain vital nutrients in vegetables which provide you with a healthy body and a healthy mind.
There are a number of benefits of having vegetables and given below is a list of those benefits:
- Most of the vegetables have low calories and fats. No vegetables have cholesterol. As a result, if you consume a lot of vegetables you can be rest assured that you will be able to maintain a healthy body and mind.
- There are a number of essential nutrients that your body needs in order to function well and vegetables are important sources of certain essential nutrients which include vitamin A, C, dietary fiber, folic acid and potassium.
- The vegetables which are rich in potassium help in maintaining blood pressure. Some of the vegetables that are rich in potassium content are beet greens, lima beans, white beans, tomato products, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, lima beans, spinach, lentils and kidney beans.
- If you have vegetables that have a rich content of dietary fiber then it will help in reducing the cholesterol levels in your blood. Therefore it reduces your chances of suffering from the heart diseases. The vegetables that are rich in fiber content reduce diverticulosis and constipation. It helps you to get a feeling of fullness with fewer calories in take.
- The intake of vegetables containing folic acid help in forming red blood cells in the body. It is said that women who are pregnant should consume a lot of vegetables that are rich in folic acids. This helps in reducing the risk of spina bifida, neural tube defects and anencephaly.
- It also helps you to protect your eyes and skin against all sorts of infections and also helps you to have good teeth and healthy gums.
Dr. Pankaj Naram is aware of the health benefits of consuming vegetables and therefore always recommends people to include vegetables and fruits as a part of their everyday diet. So it reduces your chances of stroke and heart attack. It also protects you against some cancers. Dr.Naram says that vegetables will help you to live longer. He says that most people these days do not consume vegetables and consume a lot of junk food instead. As a result the health of the people is deteriorating a lot. He believes that eating a plant based diet helps you to live a life devoid of any chronic health problems.