The human body is a beautiful creation of the almighty but at certain point its get infected. In the life of a woman this can be seen in the form of yeast infection inside vagina which is a painful condition. Yeast is known to live inside every ones vagina is small numbers and only grows harmful once they are grown in numbers. Outnumbering of the vaginal yeasts can cause burning, itchiness, redness and odorless discharge is also seen which can be much troublesome in routine life of the one who suffers from it. Yeast live in the vagina all the time in small, harmless numbers but the increase in number leads to the infection.
There is bacteria called Lactobacillus which lives inside the vagina of a person helping in balancing out yeast and the pH level inside the vagina. But the balance can be seen shifted because of many causes and hence the growth of vaginal yeasts inside the vagina and then causing the vaginal yeast infection. In different branches of medical there are different options that one can try to cure it but a majority of them needs to get an expert first.
Different ways to tackle Vaginal Yeast infection:
- Drugstore Anti fungal : One of the first and the basic way to get your infection treated is by using an anti fungal ointment in the affected areas. These ointments once applied regularly are known to clear the yeast infection. Azoles are used in these drugstore products which are known to ease out the symptoms and cure the infection in a week or so. These are one of the widely used medications for regular vaginal infections.
- Probiotics: Yogurt is known to contain probiotics which can keep your vagina healthy free from the yeast infections. Having a cup of yogurt daily has not been able to prove any significant result when it comes to yeasts but placing a probiotic tablet directly inside the vagina is known to make a huge difference in the reduction of the yeasts inside the vagina and is an effective way to treat vaginal infection.
- Oral treatment: Many a times, topical treatment is not enough to treat the vaginal infection. So, instead of using ointments topically on the affected areas, one must go with more aggressive treatment procedure to free themselves of it. Having doses of oral anti fungal tablets is known to be one of the most effective solutions to the vaginal yeast infection.
- Boric Acid Suppository: If you have mild and an uncomplicated yeast infection, boric acid is the mantra to your cure. Boric acid is an anti fungal and an antiseptic substance which helps in reducing the growth of fungus and yeasts and is known to be one of the effective ways to negate that. Use of these suppositories for 5 to 7 days is known to cure the infection up to 90%.
- Tea tree Oil: Tea tree oil is an essential oil which is made from the tea tree leaves. It is really concentrated in nature and needs to be diluted before using it topically on the skin. This oil has antifungal properties which are supposed to treat the vaginal infection effectively. There are various ways to use tree tea oil for treating the vaginal infection. Although one must test it on the vagina before going further with it as vagina is a very sensitive area and can get irritated because of the essential oil and its concentrated nature.
If you have a history of chronic vaginal infection, cotton panties should be your go to as they let air into the perennial area of a woman.