Every woman deals with hair loss at one point or the other. The loss is most prominent at the hairline, unfortunately the most visible part. It is common to conceal the real status of your hair under weaves and wigs, but at the end of the day you have no choice but to face the damage. If anything, you could be making the condition worse in an effort to mask it.
Instead of spending money on wigs and weaves, how about you invest in your own hair? Once it’s healthy, you won’t need those other alternatives.
Here are some remedies that will see your hair gradually grow back to its original state:
- Identify the practices that caused the loss in the first place and avoid them. Heat, harsh chemicals, bleaches and tight cornrows/braids are usually the main culprits. Dry your hair with low heat or even none at all. Hair can actually dry on its own if given time. Take a break from the chemicals, braids and weaves. If the situation is really bad, you can wear a wig when going out as you give the remedies time to work.
- Massage the hairline with essential oils every night. Castor or olive oil work wonders on weak and splitting hair. Do note that these oils have a distinct smell that you may not want to walk around with during the day. Apply the oil before you sleep, put on a non-absorbent cap and wash it off in the morning. Do this consistently until your hairline is back on track.
- Try hair growth products; there are plenty of those in the market that actually work. Most of them come in form of oils that you apply on the hairline or even the entire scalp. They penetrate the hair follicles and boost growth resulting in longer, stronger and thicker hair.
- Fish oil contains omega-3 fatty acids that go a long way in strengthening your hair, along with the teeth and nails. It can be bought from the local drug store as a dietary supplement either as syrup or a pill.
- Your diet plays a big part in the health of your hair. Be keen on what you eat on a daily basis. You must have heard this many times before, but there’s really no other way to say it; eat healthy. Let the bigger portion of your meal contain whole grains, vegetables, fruits, plant-based proteins and water. Avoid junk and highly processed foods. Replace carbonated beverages with healthy drinks such as organic matcha tea. Your hair will benefit from healthy food along with the rest of your body.
You will notice your hairline gradually growing back. If you have to plait during this time, keep the lines/braids loose and avoid having them on for too long. Remember to condition your hair every 3 weeks or so with protein-based conditioners. Within no time, you can enjoy vibrant hair once again.