Though the Paleo diet was there for years, but it has been gaining more importance nowadays. Our eating habits have been changed a lot from the time agriculture has hit the world. Our ancestors were used to eat animal products, fruits, leaves and veggies which were much nutritious than our modern diet (which contains processed food, saturated oil, sweetened beverages and much more). It is the fact that our ancestors were healthier than us.
As the problems of diabetes, obesity, heart attacks and cardiovascular diseases have shown a sudden increase since last 50 years, it has forced the people to focus on their eating habits. And that’ why people nowadays are shifting to Paleo diet.
What does Paleo Diet contain?
A perfect Paleo diet is based on the food that our ancestors used to eat and it contains the following things:
- Animal products- eggs and honey
- Animals- meat, fish, etc.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Natural oils- like avocado, olive oil, ghee, butter
- Raw nuts and seeds
According to Paleo fans, you should avoid eating all the processed foods, heavy oils, and cereal products (even “whole grains”).
However, if you are also planning to have a Paleo diet, then, let us tell you that what you need to start with. Though there are many Paleo foods you can rely on, but if you are shifting from modern to Paleo diet, then you need to start it with the light foods. Here are some tips on Paleo diet for beginners.
- The first thing for shifting to Paleo diet is to cut off all the non-Paleo. So, take you trash and throw all these in it- all grains, refined sugar, starchy tubers, meats processed with nitrates and additives, legumes, heavy oil, all processed foods and others.
- Next, do proper research about the Paleo diet and make a diet plan for your whole week. Are you finding it difficult? Then you can consult an experienced physician.
- Now, go to grocery store and pick all the Paleo items. Here are some products that you should choose:
- Meats- beef, bison, pork, chicken, venison, duck and wild game.
- Seafood- tuna, cod, salmon, perch, tilapia, shrimp and scallops.
- Veggies- greens, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, onions, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, fresh herbs and more.
- Fruits- avocado, watermelon, mango, peaches, cantaloupe, oranges, bananas, apples, plums and blueberries.
- Oils- coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, pure ghee
- Nuts and seeds
- Now, stick to your Paleo diet plan and cook the food accordingly. Don’t feed upon a single item; instead, add variety to your food.
- Make sure that you eat only when you are hungry.
So, as now you are going to start Paleo diet, you are likely to get many benefits. Here are some of the main benefits that you will get from Paleo diet.
- Better sleep
- Healthy and clear skin
- More energy
- Better mood
- Decreased depression
- Muscle fitness
- Improved digestion
- Enhanced immunity
- Many others