Exercise has never been bad for anyone. You should always exercise to keep yourself fit and healthy! Physiotherapy plays an important role in your exercise. Not every exercise is for you or as per your body! Before picking any exercise there shall be a medical check done and then proper consultation with a physiotherapist, and you should practice as per his suggested exercises.
What role does physiotherapy play in lowering your diabetes?
Physiotherapy is the physical therapy which helps you overcome pain with massages or pressure points being pressed and with exercises rather than prescribing drugs.
Insulin is the enzyme that helps you regulate the blood sugar level in the body. When the pancreas are not able to produce proper amount of insulin in your body, it leads to increase in the blood sugar (glucose) level is referred to as diabetes. It can be diagnosed by testing the blood sugar (glucose) level in the body. Diabetes is of two types, namely type 1 and type 2. For about 90% of diabetic patients suffer from type 2 diabetes. And remaining 10% suffer from gestational diabetes and type 1 diabetes.
Major cause of diabetes is obesity and lack of exercise. It may also be genetic, that is transferred from genes from parent to the child. At the time of gestation if the proper nutritional care is not done, then the child might also develop diabetes. With age the functioning of the pancreas may lower, increasing the level of blood sugar (glucose) in the body leading to diabetes.
Lack of sleep, improper diet, frequent urination, fatigue muscles, low stamina, sudden weight loss, increased hunger, increased thirst, are a few symptoms of diabetes, if you have any then get your blood sugar level tested.
Diabetes trigger your kidney functions and eyesight, there is a slow recovery of the wounds, it also leads to hypertension, which increases the chances of heart problems and strokes. It may severely attack your kidney and lead to kidney failure.. It should also be noted that there might be complete eyesight loss in critical cases.
Diabetes is very common in youngsters, most of the teenagers have obesity this is because of the lifestyle they follow (they hate exercising! ) And tend to have such major diseases in their body.
With physiotherapy the patients with diabetes do the exercises as prescribed. Daily exercising in case of diabetic patients helps them to control sugar level making them fit. Also, helps them controlling the body weight, which increases due to hypertension.
When someone is diabetic the chances of having high blood pressure increases, leading to increase in level of stroke. With regular exercise the patients overcome the chances of high blood pressure reducing the chances of heart stokes.
It kills the root cause of high blood pressure that is, stress! Exercising helps you overcome stress.
With diabetes, the body starts to stiff. The movements are not easy. But with the daily exercising the stiffness in the body reduces making the body movements easy and flexible.
For checkup you can visit our physiotherapy center in Indore! And if you have diabetes start exercising with the consultation of your physiotherapist!